Heart Healthy Recipes
Pan Grilled Citrus Salmon
- 4 – 4 oz.Salmon Fillets
- 2 Tablespoons Dry White Wine
- 2 Lemons, juiced and zested
- ½ Teaspoon Dried Oregano or Dried Thyme
- 1 Pinch Ground Pepper
- 1 Orange, juiced
- Lemon wedges for garnish
1. Thoroughly combine all seasonings in a bowl and add 4oz salmon steaks and coat well in all the seasonings.
2. Place coated fish on a medium to medium high heat grill or grill pan.
3. Pour in juice from lemons, orange, and white wine.
4. Depending on the thickness of the fish, your fish will cook at different lengths of time. Generally you want to make sure it is cooked well and flakes off with a fork.
5. Basic fish grilling rule: cook fish 8 minutes for each inch of thickness. Check on the fish 2 minutes before you expect for the fish to be finished.
- 1 Bunch Asparagus, trimmed
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp. Mrs. Dash Table Blend
- Canola or Olive Oil Cooking Spray
1. Blanch asparagus in boiling water until fork tender, 3–10 minutes depending on thickness. Remove asparagus and immediately submerge in an ice bath to stop cooking.
2. Heat olive oil in a pan or coat grill grates with olive oil (grilling is the preferred method).
3. Heat up a skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. If cooking over a grill, simply heat up grill, no oil is needed.
4. Place asparagus in pan or grill; add Mrs. Dash and a splash of lemon juice. Cook to desired tenderness and heated throughout.
- 2 Bunches Kale Washed, patted dry and destemmed
- ½ Cup Edamame/Soy Beans, shelled
- 1/3 Cup Shredded Carrots
- 1 Small Red Onion, Sliced in thin half moons
- ½ Cup Dried Cranberries, unsweetened
- ½ Cup Raw Cashews, halved and in pieces, unsalted
- ½ Cup Raw Sunflower Seeds, unsalted
- 2 Cups Fresh or Frozen Raspberries
- ¼ Cup Splenda
- ¼ Cup White Balsamic Vinegar
1. Prepare all of salad ingredients as listed. Combine in a large bowl.
2. Puree raspberries with Splenda and the white balsamic vinegar – for extra smoothness, you can strain the seeds out of the dressing.
3. Pour raspberry vinaigrette over salad and toss as desired.