Oklahoma Heart Hospital is closely monitoring the coronavirus outbreak, known as COVID-19. Oklahoma Heart Hospital regularly treats patients with infectious diseases, and our physicians, nurses, and clinical staff are highly trained in infection prevention protocols. Specific to COVID-19, we are following the procedures outlined by the CDC and state and federal healthcare authorities.
Updated Visitor Policy, effective Tuesday, February 9th
Hospital procedures and stays:
Patients will be asked to declare two visitors as their only approved guests during the entirety of their hospital stay, but only one visitor will be allowed to be at the bedside at a time. The two declared visitors may alternate their visits once per day.
Upon arrival at Oklahoma Heart Hospital, patients and their visitor will be greeted at the front lobby, where their temperatures will be quickly checked.
Visitors must meet the following criteria:
- Must be over the age of 16
- Must not have been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- Must not have a pending COVID-19 test
- If they have been tested in the last 10 days for COVID-19, they must have tested negative
- Visitors will be required to wear a mask at all times.
A visitor may stay with the patient during preparation for surgery or a procedure and following the procedure if the patient is admitted. The visitor may sit in our waiting areas, which are configured to allow for social distancing if space is available. If the waiting areas are full or if the visitor prefers, they may wait outside in a vehicle where they will be updated on the patient’s conditions by phone. We offer a snack and water while visitors wait in their vehicles.
OHH clinics are allowing one visitor at this time. No children under the age of 16 are allowed. You and your visitor will need to bring a mask and expect to wear the mask at all times. Thank you.
Our community is amazing! We are heartened by those people getting their sewing machines humming to make masks for our team. If you have masks to deliver to us – please drop them off at Oklahoma Heart Hospital located at 4050 W. Memorial Drive or 5200 East I-240 Service Road between 9am – 4pm (please don’t call as our phone lines are very busy). Our valet attendants are outside the hospital happy to take your gift. Thank you - we really need them and appreciate your support!
Know the symptoms
- Patients with COVID-19 have had symptons similar to the flu, such as:
- Shortness of breath
Know how to protect yourself and others
Take these precautions to prevent the spread of germs:
- Perform frequent hand hygiene by washing with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizers
- Regularly use alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
- Keep areas clean and disinfected, especially surfaces or items that are touched frequently, like your cell phone or tablet
- If you're sick, stay home, except to get medical care
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, your sleeve or elbow
- Avoid shaking hands
- Tell a nurse or physician if you’ve traveled to one of the communities where the virus has spread, such as China, South Korea, Japan, Italy, or Iran; or here in the states of California, Oregon, or Washington State
Know how to get more information
Visit the CDC's website to learn:
- How COVID-19 is spread
- Who is most at risk
- Global and national locations with cases of COVID-19
Oklahoma State Health Department:
- Visit coronavirus.health.ok.gov
- Coronavirus call center
- 1-877-215-8336 (M-F 9am - 7pm and Saturday 9am - 3pm)