Oklahoma Heart Hospital is closely monitoring the coronavirus outbreak, known as COVID-19. Oklahoma Heart Hospital regularly treats patients with infectious diseases, and our physicians, nurses, and clinical staff are highly trained in infection prevention protocols. Specific to COVID-19, we are following the procedures outlined by the CDC and state and federal healthcare authorities.
Updated Visitor Policy, effective Monday, September 21st
Patients are allowed to have one visitor. Visitors must be aged 16 years or older. Visitors and patients will be required to wear a mask at all times. Our waiting areas are arranged to allow for safe social distancing.
Hospital procedures and stays:
We are pleased to announce a positive change in our visitor policy to allow one family member with each patient during procedures and hospital stays.
Oklahoma Heart Hospital has been minimally impacted with COVID-19 patients and after careful assessment we have determined the time is right to begin loosening our visitation policy as we expand our services to more and more procedures. Patients and their family member or friend will be greeted at the front lobby, your temperature will be quickly checked and we request you bring a mask as a precaution.
The visitor may stay with patients during the preparation for surgery or a procedure and following the procedure if the patient is admitted. The visitor may sit in our waiting areas that are configured to allow for social distancing if space is available. If the waiting areas are full or if the visitor prefers, they may wait outside in a vehicle where they will be updated on the patient’s condition by phone. We offer a snack and water while visitors wait in their vehicles. No children under 16 will be allowed to visit.
We apologize for this inconvenience but know your safety and healing are our primary concerns as we balance the reopening of our services with your continued well-being. Thank you.
Our community is amazing! We are heartened by those people getting their sewing machines humming to make masks for our team. If you have masks to deliver to us – please drop them off at Oklahoma Heart Hospital located at 4050 W. Memorial Drive or 5200 East I-240 Service Road between 9am – 4pm (please don’t call as our phone lines are very busy). Our valet attendants are outside the hospital happy to take your gift. Thank you - we really need them and appreciate your support!
Know the symptoms
- Patients with COVID-19 have had symptons similar to the flu, such as:
- Shortness of breath
Know how to protect yourself and others
Take these precautions to prevent the spread of germs:
- Perform frequent hand hygiene by washing with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizers
- Regularly use alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
- Keep areas clean and disinfected, especially surfaces or items that are touched frequently, like your cell phone or tablet
- If you're sick, stay home, except to get medical care
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, your sleeve or elbow
- Avoid shaking hands
- Tell a nurse or physician if you’ve traveled to one of the communities where the virus has spread, such as China, South Korea, Japan, Italy, or Iran; or here in the states of California, Oregon, or Washington State
Know how to get more information
Visit the CDC's website to learn:
- How COVID-19 is spread
- Who is most at risk
- Global and national locations with cases of COVID-19
Oklahoma State Health Department:
- Visit coronavirus.health.ok.gov
- Coronavirus call center
- 1-877-215-8336 (M-F 9am - 7pm and Saturday 9am - 3pm)