Oklahoma Heart Hospital is closely monitoring the coronavirus outbreak, known as COVID-19. Oklahoma Heart Hospital regularly treats patients with infectious diseases, and our physicians, nurses, and clinical staff are highly trained in infection prevention protocols. Specific to COVID-19, we are following the procedures outlined by the CDC and state and federal healthcare authorities.
Visitor Changes Effective August 7th, 2021
Hospital Procedures and Stays:
The patient may have up to two visitors per 24 hour period. The patient will be allowed to have one visitor at a time. Visitors must be over the age of 16. The visitor will be asked to remain in the patient’s room during their visit, and will be required to wear a mask at all times. Patients will also be required to wear a mask during their hospital stay. Masks will be available at hospital entrances.
Patients receiving end of life care will be allowed visitation on an individual basis.
Emergency Room patients may have one visitor who will be asked to remain within the patient's room. The ER waiting area will be closed.
Dining rooms will be closed to the public.
Clinic Patients and Outpatients:
Clinic patients and outpatients may be accompanied by one visitor. Children may accompany a parent or guardian if childcare is unavailable. Clinic patients, outpatients and visitors must wear a mask at all times and practice social distancing in the waiting areas.
Visitors must meet the following criteria:
- Visitors will be required to wear a mask at all times
- Must not have been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- Must not have a pending COVID-19 test
- If they have been tested in the last 10 days for COVID-19, they must have tested negative
Our community is amazing! We are heartened by those people getting their sewing machines humming to make masks for our team. If you have masks to deliver to us – please drop them off at Oklahoma Heart Hospital located at 4050 W. Memorial Drive or 5200 East I-240 Service Road between 9am – 4pm (please don’t call as our phone lines are very busy). Our valet attendants are outside the hospital happy to take your gift. Thank you - we really need them and appreciate your support!
Know the symptoms
- Patients with COVID-19 have had symptons similar to the flu, such as:
- Shortness of breath
Know how to protect yourself and others
Take these precautions to prevent the spread of germs:
- Perform frequent hand hygiene by washing with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizers
- Regularly use alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
- Keep areas clean and disinfected, especially surfaces or items that are touched frequently, like your cell phone or tablet
- If you're sick, stay home, except to get medical care
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, your sleeve or elbow
- Avoid shaking hands
- Tell a nurse or physician if you’ve traveled to one of the communities where the virus has spread, such as China, South Korea, Japan, Italy, or Iran; or here in the states of California, Oregon, or Washington State
Know how to get more information
Visit the CDC's website to learn:
- How COVID-19 is spread
- Who is most at risk
- Global and national locations with cases of COVID-19
Oklahoma State Health Department:
- Visit coronavirus.health.ok.gov
- Coronavirus call center
- 1-877-215-8336 (M-F 9am - 7pm and Saturday 9am - 3pm)